Spam filtering

coolteentom 21:26 20 Jul 2003

Hi

I get piles of spam email through Outlook.
Can anybody reccommend a decent program that you can just download of the net for free that keeps away most of it?

Thanks

Tom

VoG II 21:33 20 Jul 2003

click here - brilliant!

VoG II 21:34 20 Jul 2003

I was so impressed that I made a donation but basically it is free.

coolteentom 21:39 20 Jul 2003

Thanks a lot for this link, I'll download it straight away!

Giantsquid 21:44 20 Jul 2003

Have a look at this, it is used by many PCA users and it works,

click here

DieSse 21:46 20 Jul 2003

I use a new shareware program, SpamBunker, which uses the "challenge/authentificate" method.

click here

All emails are intercepted - if the sender is on your allow list, they get through - if not a request to authenticate is automatically sent out. Only real people reply to authentification requests - Spam can't - result - I get no Spam - period - none.

Giantsquid 21:46 20 Jul 2003

oops, sorry I left the link open too long, but as VOG say's it is well worth it.

Giantsquid 21:49 20 Jul 2003

DieSse, You find it better than Mailwasher then ?

DieSse 21:56 20 Jul 2003

It's automatc - you don't need to go and look at anything (which defeats the object to my mind).

But if you want to, you can have a look at the spam headers - you just don't need to.

Giantsquid 21:58 20 Jul 2003

Thanks for that, Maiwasher does a good job for me, but I still get weird stuff from time to time.

Andybear 19:31 21 Jul 2003

I'm all for Mailwasher - apart from the usual annoying spam, it stopped me downloading a Bugbear virus last week. There was an email and I didn't recognise the address. Under 'Status' it had the word 'virus'. I deleted it straight from the server. NAV picked it up but, after I ran a full virus scan, it reported that none of the files were infected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?