Spam Filter

Quiet Life 23:07 07 Feb 2007

My server has a filter and all the Viagara ,University degrees, Mortgages etc no longer hit my account.
However I am now inundated with American Share Tips where the sending address changes all the time and reporting as Spam has no effect.
However 90% of these are addressed to mainly three accounts ,none of which are mine, and apparently arrive on my acccount because my account is I am told by the Server BC in the original e-mail. My account must be BC three times because invariably these e-mails arrive in threes.
It used to be fairly easy to tick and delete all these as Spam on the web but my Server is now introducing a new (improved!) web Mail Account where the delete process is much longer.
Is there a free Spam Filter that can pick up e-mails on the web account not addressed to me and put in the Web Mail Spam Folder?

brundle 23:13 07 Feb 2007

Mailwasher with some suitable rules; click here

or Magic Mail Monitor - less than 200k
click here
I use MMM3 and have filters to auto-delete any emails including the words `micro` and `cap` (amongst another 20 or 30 rules) - they seem to catch most of the `penny stock` spam, the text ones anyway. GIF images are easy to catch and delete too, another way of hiding spam from filters.

Quiet Life 23:53 07 Feb 2007

Hi brundle neither of these appear to pick up mail where I am the BC and the mail ends up in my account but is addressed to somebody else.

brundle 08:51 08 Feb 2007

With the right filters they will both do that, you just have to check for certain text in the header.
ie `If To "not includes" <your email address>` and `If header "includes" <your email address>` in both cases.

birdface 09:35 08 Feb 2007

I use this, click here. I think it takes up to 8 different e-mail accounts,I just delete the spam,And the rest you can either open,Or when you use your normal e-mail account it transfers on to that,

Quiet Life 19:21 08 Feb 2007

Thanks. I am giving Maiwasher a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017