Spam e-mail

hoverman 07:56 13 May 2003

It is now almost a year since I upgraded to BT Broadband. I never used my Btinternet e-mail account since I had been using BT's Talk21 for a number of years and thought it too much of a hassle informing all my contacts of a change. Over the past few weeks the amount of spam coming in has increased in leaps and bound - anything up to 50 each morning - despite using Mailwasher. After finding out that BT's new E-mail Protection Service is not available to their Talk21 customers, I decided to change over and phase out my Talk21 account. Yesterday was spent sending out numerous e-mails to friends, and people like eBay, Paypal, PC Advisor Forum, and companies I had registered software with to notify them of the change. This morning Mailwasher reported 33 spam e-mails and when I logged on to my BTinternet account I found it had already blocked 2 spam e-mails. Boy!! do these spammers work fast - less than 24 hours to pick up my new e-mail address.

rawprawn 08:18 13 May 2003

I got one this morning from Nigeria showing me how to make millions, this was thru my hotmail address which I never use except for passport.I think I must be very lucky as I hardly get any spam at all.I deleted the offer from Nigeria do they think we all fell off a Xmas tree?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?