SPAM to domain names

perplexed user 04:40 12 Nov 2006

Most days I get around 100 spams of all descriptions mostly if not all from the US where they seem unable to take this menace seriously.

I'm running Office 2003 and using Outlook (XP Pro).
I have a domain on which I am the only user. No other email addresses exist other than my own using my domain name. The emails I get are to ficticious addresses like accounts / enquiries etc @my domain.com
Is there anyway in Rules & Alerts in Outlook where I can delete (or reject)emails that are not directly addressed to myself. Alternatively is there anything like the tool in Incredimail that will reject back to the server from which it originated unwanted and unsolicited emails?
Hopefully someone out there can help.
Perhaps the Department of Trade and Industry should be making this illegal!

€dstowe 07:11 12 Nov 2006

Use something like MailWasher click here or ePrompter click here to sort out the problem for you.

Don't return the emails - it clogs the Internet AND confirms that you are a live address ripe to receive more spam - which is possibly what has happened already.

Regarding the Department of Trade & Industry, They have no jurisdiction overseas and, as you stated, these emails originate abroad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?