Spam almost gone

Legolas 14:20 08 Aug 2005

I am on BB with NTL. About six months ago NTL installed new spam filters on their email servers, this reduced my spam email by about a third. Then in the last week my spam emails have fallen to a trickle, whereas I was getting around about 50 a day this has fallen to 10 to 15. Does anyone know if they have installed new filters. Whatever the reason it is a welcome development

pj123 15:14 08 Aug 2005

Well that might explain why I haven't had any emails at all (spam or not) in my NTL Inbox for the last couple of weeks. Fortunately, I have it set up to automatically send them to my Hotmail account as well. I used to get the same email twice, once in NTL inbox and once in Hotmail. Now I am only getting them in my Hotmail account. I keep sending a test email now and again but it only turns up in my Hotmail Inbox.

What criteria do NTL use to define spam?

Legolas 17:52 08 Aug 2005

I have just checked my NTL email after coming in from work. 6 a few weeks ago there would have been 30 or more after a day without checking. Long may it continue. pj123 I dont know how they set up their spam filters but if you are getting none at all I would check with NTL.

DieSse 17:52 08 Aug 2005

I don't use NTL - I have several Spanish email accounts - without spam filters.

I've noticed a big drop off in spam over the last few months - so perhaps (fingers crossed) - it's a sign that it really is diminishing.

QuizMan 23:44 08 Aug 2005

Same with me Legolas. The NTLworld.com website confirms that they have introduced a new spam blocker. Have a look - there's a link near the top of their first page. Personally, I've changed the default setting so that I still receive the e-mails for a couple of weeks just until I am happy that they're not blocking anything genuine. After that, I'll switch back to the default and hopefully it's goodbye to 80% or more of my spam.

QuizMan 23:48 08 Aug 2005

Also, they've just introduced antivirus, pop-up blocker and privacy protection for free. Think I'll await developements before I trust NTL with AV protection though

squashman 01:25 09 Aug 2005

mine also down from about30 a day to about 5, excellent

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone