Spam

marcbryant 03:02 22 Oct 2006

Hello

Over the last few months I have been getting a lot of spam in my normal e-mail account,not hotmail or anythng like that. I have tried AVG anti-virus, Adaware and Spybot, all to no avail. I am sure it's a rogue program on my PC as they just keep on coming and all of them are from people I have never heard of with random one word mail titles. I don't preview my mail and I add all of them to my junk mail list.

What else can I do as it appears to be getting worse? Any help would be much appreciated.

p;3 03:12 22 Oct 2006

assuming you are using OE or outlook as your e mail client, I suggest you download mailwasher from here

click here ; this tool will check your mails on server and enables you to delete and mark as spam the ones you do not wish to have on your pc; do NOT bounce any ; also, if you think you might be infected and wish to have that aspect checked out, suggest you register with and post an HJT log on here click here; they can then confirm for you if you are clean ; hope that helps

Miros 04:33 22 Oct 2006

I prefer ePrompter see this:click here
Make sure you look at the testimonials!

You can download it from here.
click here

A very small and simple programme but an effective way at examining all your mail before downloading or deleting.

Miros 04:35 22 Oct 2006

Forgot to say it's free, donate if you wish that's up to you.

spuds 11:51 22 Oct 2006

AVG,AdAware and SpyBot will not get rid of spam, as such, that is not their purpose.

Try as suggested, MailWasher or a similar product.

p;3 12:56 22 Oct 2006

this has been ticked as resolved but it would help other members if an explanation of how this was resolved was given ; was the machine infected or was it a method of keeping the junk mail off the pc that was needed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?