Space appears in Mail Merge

Neill 13:53 29 Jun 2007

When I do a Mail Merge in Word 2003, the wizard works fine. However I get a single space appear before the first name (first field) when the merge is complete but only when I use Address Block... at Step 4. But I don't get the space when I use More Items... at Step 4

Any ideas? Thanks

Taff™ 09:06 30 Jun 2007

Try looking at the code. Highlight the address block and press Shift key and F9 Key together. This toggles to see the code.

You will need to turn on the "Show" using the show/hide icon on the toolbar - looks like a letter P but reversed horizontally.

Look for the erroneous space and delete it. Toggle back and see if it now works.

Neill 20:11 30 Jun 2007

Tried the toggle codes. There are several spaces but even if they are deleted, the space still comes at the beginning of the first field name. I tried to delete the space immediately after <<Addressblock>> but that deletes the whole field.
The space doesn't appear in the original simple Word table, the source date, nor when you edit the fields.
This is something that always appears when I teach ECDL using ZigZag material so I think I will have a word with them. All very strange.
Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?