SP3 for XP

Bagsey 16:31 24 Sep 2008

My son has just asked me if there is a mega problem with the SP3 for XP. He is haveing lots of trouble and cant find a fix. He is in Oman so a bit far away to get instant help. Keyboard and Mouse not functioning.Any ideas please.
Thanks in advance

Taff™ 16:57 24 Sep 2008

I`ve supervised at least a dozen installations of XP SP3 without a problem. What kind of keyboard and mouse is he using? Can he try another set?

provider 2 16:58 24 Sep 2008

Some more info would be useful. Is he running Norton AV:click here

Has he checked out Ms steps to take? click here

Has his machine an AMD processor?

john bunyan 18:38 24 Sep 2008

I would add: Has he read the other threads on this which cover the subject exhaustively? Some have had no trouble, others have. I had a problem with MCE and I suspect anti virus. Ask for his system details, make of machine and processor, and what firewall and anti virus software he is using and I am sure the problem can be solved. Do read the other threads as this question keeps coming up and I wonder why no one seems to look at the data on the system.

Bagsey 22:15 25 Sep 2008

Hi Everyone Sorry for being so long in replying. It would appear tha he has found other troubles which I am told make it necessary for a rebuild so I will close this thread down. Thanks to you people for your initial help. If and when I learn more I will post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?