SP2 problem with display?

JWRH 11:22 28 Mar 2005

Display hangs
I recently downloaded SP2 and now have a problem that after about 15-20 minutes the display hangs: pc is still running but I cannot change/close any windows. Task Manager shows the program is not running and the only way out is to shut down the pc from Task Manager. Can anybody help?

Gongoozler 12:36 28 Mar 2005

What program does Task Manager say is not running, or not responding?

JWRH 15:18 28 Mar 2005

Task Manager does not show any programs as running/not responding. I assume from this that they have shut down successfully but that the screen has frozen.

Gongoozler 18:03 28 Mar 2005

Are you saying that after the computer has been running for 15 - 20 minutes that it completely stops responding, no response to the keyboard, no mouse cursor movement etc, and the only way to switch off is by the power switch?

JWRH 19:18 28 Mar 2005

Mouse and keyboard still respond but screen is frozen - can't clear down or change any windows etc. Task Manager comes up ok, but shows no programs as running (I assume that they have in fact shut down) and I have been shutting down via the shut down label at the top of Task Manager as the only way out.. I thought I remembered seing this in the MS site as a known problem with SP2 but have not been able to find the answer again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?