SP1 not arrived yet via Windows Update?

JoanSims 15:10 13 Jul 2008

Is anyone else in the same boat as me?.. I use Vista 64bit and have not received SP1 yet. Is there something wrong?... should I be doing something? or just be patient?... Have to say that apart from the defrag thing I hav'nt had any problems at all with Vista touch wood... regards

Pine Man 15:34 13 Jul 2008

Nothing wrong lots of people still waiting - me included.

Don't get impatient and try the download from Microsoft's site - I did and regretted it.

iscanut 15:41 13 Jul 2008

Don't worry about it, you are not alone. Just carry on as you are !

peter99co 20:55 13 Jul 2008

I installed it when offered and two months later I have uninstalled it(recommended by Microsoft engineer) because it wrecked my Windows Media Player. I am currently waiting for Microsoft to tell me what to do next to fix the problem.

gazzaho 07:54 17 Jul 2008

I would advise you make sure all your drivers are up to date as I've read old drivers can stop the SP1 update from being offered. The update site checks your system and if any driver versions conflict with it then it won't be offered and no explanation will be given as to why.

handful 16:45 17 Jul 2008

I had SP1 appear yesterday on XP Home Premium. I haven't noticed many changes which is probably a good thing!

Strawballs 22:27 17 Jul 2008

XP SP1 was years ago it's SP3 at the moment

peter99co 22:36 17 Jul 2008

I think Handful means Vista Home Premium don't you

handful 10:52 18 Jul 2008

Sorry guys, I did mean Vista Home Premium (could do with an embarrassed emoticon!)

Pineman100 16:40 19 Jul 2008

No SP1 on my wife's 32-bit Vista Home Premium yet.

Mind you, I haven't checked the updates list for a while. Maybe it's arrived without my knowing. Is that possible?

as far as i can see problem drivers just foul the install. click here creative sound blaster say just instal it from the stand alone, i wouldnt. all i did was uninstall my sound blaster clicked update, update to sp1 powered down, put the card back in windows installed the newer driver, never had a problem, or indeed noticed any difference at all from pre sp1. give it a try, but you're not missing anything really.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone