sp-rsser.exe problem

Grambo 11:10 26 Dec 2007

Just recently i have noticed that my hard drive has been continuosly active, so i checked task manager. sp_rsser.exe, mem usage 22,424k, vm size 51,064k. Sometimes when i reboot i can tell hard drive isnt working so hard and sure enough that dam program isnt listed. I know its to do with spywareterminator, but why has this caused problems now, and any advise to cure it

thanks

cocteau48 11:17 26 Dec 2007

Some info here
click here
There may be other references on the same forum -I have not done an exhaustive search.

cocteau48 11:20 26 Dec 2007

...and here
click here

cocteau48 11:31 26 Dec 2007

Problem may be an incomplete uninstall of a previous version.
Solution may be fifth post down here (by sleepm)

click here

Grambo 11:52 26 Dec 2007

thanks for the help. Will try the clean install even tho i seem to have latest version of st. I only have 512 ram so its worth a try

Grambo 12:53 26 Dec 2007

tried the reinstall, but problem is still there. Might have to uninstall st. Is there similar program i can use. I regularly run spybot, spywareblaster, ad-aware, a-square

aine 14:15 26 Dec 2007

Spyware terminator, I had a problem after installing this. That pest of a one, "exceptional parameters". After spending 4 hours doing various scans the problem remained. I decided to delete this programme, on moving the mouse pointer over the name ,this pest flashed on the screen. I deleted spyware terminator and the pest has gone. Hope this helps others reading this. Happy new year to all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?