Sound&pic syncronisation in DVD recording.

ened 08:22 29 Aug 2004

Is it conceivable that in transfering a file from Hard Drive to DVDRAM the above mentioned can differ slightly?
Or is it more likely the fault was there but is being shown up more by the television?

SEASHANTY 11:35 29 Aug 2004

There are many threads in this forum reporting that
using Pinnacle software below the new version 9 causes lagging of the sound on the video by approx
two seconds. Member pj123 changed his software to
Sonic My DVD to overcome this. See if you can find any of the earlier threads. Its difficult as the PCA forum search facility is pretty poor.

ened 12:27 29 Aug 2004

Thanks for your response. As it is a file being copied to another place I wasn't sure whether it was even possible to split the two (sound/pic).
I have nothing as serious as a two second gap but the software I used is Power DVD basic which came with the recorder.
I will look for earlier threads unless anybody can point the way.

pj123 13:08 29 Aug 2004

ened, as far as I am aware PowerDVD is only a DVD player not a recording programme. As SEASHANTY has pointed out Pinnacle software seems to have a sync problem and I now use Sonic MyDVD to record to DVD. Again, as SEASHANTY says the search engine isn't very good. I have just been back 5 pages in My Postings to find you some links. I will post again when I find a relevant link for you.

pj123 13:26 29 Aug 2004

Found this one. click here

This looks like a good one for you, particularly as it has links to other threads as well. click here

Hope this suffices.

stalion 13:30 29 Aug 2004

can vouch for mydvd used it now for 6 months excellent dedicated dvd burning software

ened 14:44 29 Aug 2004

"ened, as far as I am aware PowerDVD is only a DVD player not a recording programme"

you are quite correct - I have had so much going on I am confusing myself: The programme was Power Producer Gold.
Thanks for the links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?