SoundMax on Intel D865GLC board

Bellx15 00:07 03 Dec 2006

When I installed the SoundMax drivers, downloaded from Intel, I got the pop-up screen telling me "SoundMax has detected headphones plugged into your front panel. Sound will not be heard through your speakers while these remain."

There are no headphones. I have been through all the troubleshooters, to no avail. Any clues, please?

Terry Brown 11:46 03 Dec 2006

Are you sure you have the correct software (i.e. the software that come on the installation CD).Try going to device manager, selcting sound and delete drivers, the refresh (or re-start computer) this will force windows to re-find the sound drivers and hopefully cure the problem.
Terry

Bellx15 11:53 03 Dec 2006

Thanks for the suggestion. But I acquired the PC without the registration number for the installation disc. I bought another (Windows XP professional). Now it is running on that.

The sound drivers were obtained directly from the Intel website, by carefully selecting the appropriate motherboard. They turn out to be SoundMax drivers.

I have even unplugged the front headphone socket, but to no avail. Totally baffled now.

Bellx15 14:51 03 Dec 2006

Just went out and bought another sound card. it works fine.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?