Soundcard troubles

MaffPink 16:00 15 Feb 2003

hello

i just recently bought a comp and i chose the soundcard to be upgraded from the on-board sound to a soundblaster audigy player so i could get a digital output. I currently get no output from the digital-out so i can't connect it up to my 5.1 home cinema system. I think i know the problem but don't know how to fix it.

The DVD-encoder on my computer is Cyberlink Power DVD. It is currently using on-board sound (doesn't support SPDIF), thus me having no output from the audigy's optical output.

I have been to power dvd's configoration menu but it doesn't give me the option of determining what soundcard i can use, it only tells me that the Audigy is'not in use'.

Please help me by telling me how i can configure the soundcard setting so that power dvd uses the audigy instead of on-board sound.

thanks

(note: the audigy is the souncard being used for normal playback)

howard60 16:36 15 Feb 2003

go to start - settings - control panel - double click system - hardware - device manager. look at installed sound card if on board is shown highlight and remove it. then try hardware install and see if the system sees it. If not from your mobo manual see how to disable on board sound in the bios probably. then hopefully the card will be seen. It may be necessary to take the sound card out and reboot then put it back in if poss in another slot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?