Soundcard problems (I think)

Newuser579 21:22 22 Jan 2003
  Newuser579 21:22 22 Jan 2003

I've posted before about a friends (new to him) but old PB 133 with tiny hard drive that keeps throwing up error messages. kindly responces suggested a conflict possibly with video card as having reformated the hard drive, & reinstalled Windows 95, didn't help. However I spyed a problem with the soundcard in device manager. It states there is no driver for the azt3002pnp soundcard. However it's playing cds etc ok and states (in device manager) there is an Aztech2320pnp wdm card without any problems highlighted? instaling Win 98 has improved matters (No error messages) but there is still a problem with the azt card. I downloaded a driver for it but it just wont install saying it can't find the driver no matter what I do. I feel sure I'm monkeying about in the right area, but don't really know what I'm doing. Anyone offer any pointers.

Rtus 22:14 22 Jan 2003

check under control panel multimedia headings/properties and see which device the softwares set to if it agrees with you then remove the entry for the azt3002pnp under device manager..

Newuser579 18:59 23 Jan 2003

It's obviously the card thats there as on rebooting the add new hardware box comes up, having found this (AZT3002)card. I didn't want to remove the other card from device manager as I imagin that the 3002 card is using it's driver. I believe this computer has been upgraded, possibly this other card is an old one. I'd have thought formating the hard disc, & reinstaling windows would have cleared the decks so I don't understand why it has 2 cards listed under evice manager.

XPert 19:04 23 Jan 2003

Is there a built in one? Many older computers have built in soundcards that can be disabled by the BIOS. This may be why you have 2 sound cards registering.

XPert 19:04 23 Jan 2003

Is there a built in one? Many older computers have built in soundcards that can be disabled by the BIOS. This may be why you have 2 sound cards registering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?