soundcard and mic prob

nifermac 14:24 01 Apr 2004

hi i got a problem with my mic all was well until i had to do a full install now pc doesnt pick up mic, i have an onboard soundcard but cant seem to find anything to enable mic. it works on another pc so i know its nother to do with the mic. any advice anyone can give will be greatly received. i think its its nvidia not sure. thanks

nifermac 14:32 01 Apr 2004

just buy myself a separate sound card? if i do how do i disable the onboard one. thanks again

speedy007 15:58 01 Apr 2004

click on volume control bar and it should bring up a mixer type window. Make sure the mic has not been muted, also when you installed operating sys did you discconect any cables?
Have you installed correct sound card drivers?
What operating sys have u upgraded 2?

If you want to replace sound card then you can usually disable onboard sound from the bios, but to be honest thats just more expense.

hope this helps abit

nifermac 14:35 03 Apr 2004

hi speedy thanks for the advice i havent upgraded just had to do a reinstall of xp. nothing seems to pick up the mic but all other sound is ok. i reinstalled the drivers. so i think ther might be a problem with the sound card. i tried another sound card and the mic works fine so will have to get a new one i think. cheers for your help though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?