Soundcard Issue

Phil930 01:11 16 Apr 2004

Just installed new motherboard, Asus A7N8X.

I have a Creative soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital Player and onboard sound from the mobo.

When the speakers are plugged into the mobo socket i get sound yet when they are plugged into the soundcard i get no sound. does anyone know why?

Device manager shows everything is fine and my reason for this set up is i don't want onboard sound using processor power when my soundcard can do this on its own.

Phil930 01:27 16 Apr 2004

Problem solved, went into control panel and changed default device.

hugh-265156 01:36 16 Apr 2004

you need to disable the onboard audio.

i have a soundblaster live digital 5.1 and it was a pain in the bum to install but once working its a good wee card.this is the only way i could disable my onboard and get the SBlive 5.1 to work.

check in device manager if your onboard is listed,right click it the select properties/device usage and select "do not use disable" and restart the computer.

enter your bios straight away click here for popular keys to press to enter the bios(it will say on the post screen anyway something like "press F2 to enter set up" or similar but you need to be quick)

once in the bios(every bios is different) check in the advanced or periferal set up menu maybe and look for any reference onboard sound and set to disabled. save and exit.

windows should find the soundblaster 5.1 ok and prompt to install the drivers.click cancel.

insert your driver cdrom and open control panel/add hardware wizard.click next,tell it the hardware is already connected the scroll to the bottom of the list and select "add a new hardware device" then select "install hardware manually"(advanced) select "sound video and game controllers" click next and then click "have disk" and point it to the driver cdrom to install the drivers and playcentre etc.

any problems with it after install and if using drivers that are downloaded,first of identify your exact model no. click here(5.1 live digital should be SB0 220) and then read click here may come in useful.

hugh-265156 01:37 16 Apr 2004

DOH!

:-)

Phil930 05:04 16 Apr 2004

thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone