Soundblaster Audigy Platinum Recognition trouble

Ben Avery (Work) 12:00 28 Mar 2003

G'day,

It's been another busy week slaving over a few hot PC's (not stolen I might add ;o)!!!) and I'm having a little trouble with one of them. My home PC has a Soundblaster Audigy Platinum (not the ex version) soundcard as I plug my guitar straight into the front panel to play without needing to set up my Marshall which is frankly a heavy bugger and too much hassle to get out/put away each time!

Trouble is, I recently wiped my C: drive and repartitioned it into 2 C: drives with Win 98SE on 1 and Win 2k on the other using PM8 (1 is always "hidden"). I've set up both OS's to how they always had been but my soundcard is not being recognised properly.

It alweays used to be installed and showed as a "Soundblaster Audigy" in the Audio properties. Now it shows up as something like Emu*** or something similar (longer title than that but PC is at home so can't check at the moment - will update later if need be) and only the internal audio PCI card seems to be working. There is power going to the front panel as the optical output light is still on, it just doesn't seem to accepting the panel as existing!

Any thoughts on why this might be?

Regards

BA

karlr 21:55 25 Apr 2003

i have got exxactly the same problem but with the older Audigy card. it has worked in the past when reformatting but this last time i too have used PM8 to create extra partitions. i'm baffled as to how PM8 can affect soundcard settings.
does anyone have an answer to this ???

Karl

ton 23:43 25 Apr 2003

Remove all Soundblaster options in Device manager, then reboot and Windows should find Soundblaster and reinstall.

Ben Avery 09:29 28 Apr 2003

when I reinstalled I formatted HDD completely and installed form fresh so there is no way that any "old setting" etc can be there - hence reboots are useless. I've tried installing fresh but to no avail. My win 98SE partition won't pick it up either - I'm wondering if the front panel is dead!

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires