Soundbaster 5.1 installed....but it isn't!!!!!!

El Cavaliero! 21:10 26 Aug 2004

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

Going out of my mind with this. Recently updated 41 XP pro updates(!) (Not SP2).System found "problems" with DVD burner, DVD rom, modem & soundcard! Fixed other 3 by un-installing in control panel & re-booting plus pointing at some new drivers. Sounblaster 5.1 (model SB0060).Downloaded latest Creative "live driver uni-pack" from their website & installed. Device manager (within "sound video & game controllers)tells me that "Creative Live! series (WDM)is working properly. But "sounds and audio devices" within control panel tells me that no audio device is attached!.(windows media player says something along the same lines).The driver details tab (within properties)says :
Driver provider:Microsoft
Driver date:01/07/2001
Driver Version:5.1.2535.0
Digital signer:Microsoft Windows XP Publisher
BUT...when I click on driver details it says:
Driver provider:Creative Technology Ltd
Driver Version:5.0.0.2001
Digital signer:Microsoft Windows XP Publisher
I'm totally lost : any help much appreciated

Cheers

THE TERMINATOR 21:50 26 Aug 2004

Goto device manager, and choose your blaster device properties, and driver tab and choose to rollback driver....TT

El Cavaliero! 22:25 26 Aug 2004

After downloading XP updates I tried this with the modem & DVD's as well : it tells me there is no saved driver to roll back to

THE TERMINATOR 00:18 27 Aug 2004

Have you tried a system restore to before you installed the updates....TT

hugh-265156 01:30 27 Aug 2004

if you are sure the unipack drivers installed ok then try clicking 'start/all programs/creative/soundblaster live/creative diagnostics' and run the tests? try to fix from here maybe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017