Sound through headphones but not through speakers

Fleetblue 15:38 15 Dec 2013

I have a Chillblast Fusion PC running Windows 8.1, with a Dell ST2220T Monitor and Logitech Z623 Speaker System. We have an AMD High Definition Audio Device and a High Definition Audio Device, according to the specs. We have recently moved house and our furniture was in storage was six weeks. Now we find that we have audio only through Headphones, but not through Speakers. We have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

rdave13 15:44 15 Dec 2013

Have you set 'speakers' as default in the sound properties?

Fleetblue 16:19 15 Dec 2013

Yes have done that.

bumpkin 16:26 15 Dec 2013

Can you test the speakers on something else, that would be the first thing to try I would have thought.

rdave13 16:37 15 Dec 2013

Have a look at the back of the PC. You might have a dedicated sound card that has worked a bit lose. See if you have two audio ports. One for the motherboard and one for the dedicated card.

wee eddie 17:45 15 Dec 2013

Are the Speakers powered up?

woodchip 18:00 15 Dec 2013

Sounds like faulty Earphone socket as all that is in it is switching contacts make break connections, i.e when you plug phones in a contact moves from one tag inside socket to another a bit like a tap water diverter

woodchip 18:02 15 Dec 2013

PS when you take the Earphones out, it sounds like contacts inside the socket are not closing or bad contact for Speakers to work

finerty 19:09 15 Dec 2013

do you have two sets of volume output one from the front f the computer and 2nd from the rear of the compute if so try them both

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?