Sound Symbol

parkhead 20:52 12 Apr 2009

Hello,

Can anyone help? The sound symbol/icon keeps disappearing off my bottom task bar. I am certain that I am choosing the correct options to have it displayed. Sometimes it is there, most times it is not.

Would be grateful for any ideas to try.

Jim

woodchip 22:12 12 Apr 2009

have you been into control panel double click on sounds then put a tick in box to display icon in system tray?

if that does not work, reinstall your sound drivers

birdface 22:51 12 Apr 2009

if you have clicked on the arrow and it does not show.Try right click taskbar.properties.Customize. Current items.And click on the dropdown bar on any one of them and select Always hide.Ok.Apply.ok

parkhead 23:15 12 Apr 2009

Thanks Woodchip and Buteman. Buteman, I'm afraid that did not work. Woodchip, yes I had previously done that. Is it a big job to reinstall the sound drivers. The only discs I have are the reinstall discs for the whole shooting match when I have the occasional catastrophic failure.

Jim

ambra4 23:17 12 Apr 2009

Buteman

“and select Always hide.Ok.Apply.ok”

I think you mean “Always Show” not hide

birdface 23:20 12 Apr 2009

Hi.Yes you are probably correct my way fixes it if nothing is showing.So always show may well do it.

woodchip 23:22 12 Apr 2009

so why not just download the drivers for sound? they most likely have been updated anyway

ambra4 23:24 12 Apr 2009

Go to the computer manufacture web site and download the audio driver for your model computer

Save to the desktop and just run and install

What is the make and model#

parkhead 23:30 12 Apr 2009

It is a cheap and cheerful e-machine - probably no manufacturer's website(?) Incidentally, none of the other suggestions have worked although I greatly appreciate people having tried to help.

Jim

ambra4 23:35 12 Apr 2009

eMachines web site just enter the type and model

click here

birdface 23:35 12 Apr 2009

Are you getting sound at the moment.Is it just the icon that is missing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?