Sound recording issues

Bob Bob™ 22:39 23 Jan 2007

Hello,

I have a slight problem with my Dell 9200.
Everything works great on it except I cant seem to be able to record the live in audio
What I mean by that is for example. I want to record the audio of a flash video on a website. With my old PC I could go into Sound Recorder, select live in and record away. But with this PC I cant. I can select it but nothing happens.
Any ideas?

This pic is all I can tell you at the moment about the sound device etc. Unless someone tells me how to get better info if there is any.

click here
Thanks
Rob

Diodorus Siculus 07:00 24 Jan 2007

Try Audacity from click here

Bob Bob™ 18:05 24 Jan 2007

Ok, I downloaded that. And I am getting something from it now. But its very quiet and fuzzy when played back. Also it only plays sound on the left hand side speakers with lots of fuzz on both sides.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Rob

Bob Bob™ 18:09 24 Jan 2007

Could the creative divers have anything to do with it?
"Sound Blaster Audigy advanced HD audio"

Diodorus Siculus 21:40 24 Jan 2007

MAy be a codec issue: download and install CodecPack click here

Bob Bob™ 18:42 26 Jan 2007

No good news.
It seems that I have no stereo mix which I would use to record the audio I want. I can only select Line In, real microphone and a microphone.

Any hope at all?

Diodorus Siculus 21:15 26 Jan 2007

If you visit dell and look for support site, you can perhaps download the latest drivers for your soundcard (unless it is one you added in later). It may be a driver issue...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?