Sound Recorder - Voice Files - iTunes

pip7890 21:46 14 Nov 2007

Hi

I'm running XP and have Sound Recorder and iTunes installed. I want to record around 200 separate voice files (averaging 90 seconds per file) and put them on my (old style) iPod Shuffle. (The files relate to case law that I need to revise for exams and I think it'll help to hear as well as read the text.)

Up to now, I've used Sound Recorder (with a Andrea Anti-Noise NC91 headset) to create a voice file. However, after only 2 or 3 such files, my memory stick is full due to the size of the files.

I think I need to compress the file and then get it onto iTunes from where I can make a playlist to put on my iPod. The trouble is, I don't know where to start. I could probably figure it out by doing lots of research on the internet, but I thought I'd start here with the experts. After all, why reinvent the wheel?

Quite happy to take suggestions that don't involve Sound Recorder, iTunes or iPod, but I am limited in time and money. I really do need to get these files recorded and put on to some sort of portable audio system sooner rather than later.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks.

PiPx

thedogisdead3 21:51 14 Nov 2007

click here

Audacity is absolutely fantastic for hassle free audio recording of all sorts.

It is totally free and open source.

I've already used it to make great music recordings and grab audio from the net.

You just plug your mic (or whatever) in and go.

You can vary the quality of the recording quite simply, and this will reduce the amount of space the files will take.

You will need to install a small file to allow you to create MP3s, but this is explained the first time you will attempt to do so, and is very very easy.

thedogisdead3 21:54 14 Nov 2007

You will also be able to use this programme to compress your existing files.

You should be able to follow a link on the site to download a plug in pack which has all sorts of neat features on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?