Sound Problems

timd1978 18:55 24 Mar 2009

Ok this is a lot to explain. I have an Asus P5Q Pro motherboard with realtek HD Audio on board. I have a 5.1 speaker system that did work before I messed something up when resetting the system running Vista. Now I can see the Audio device and when I run a test on the speakers, I get a ping on the sub and both rear speakers. However attempting to play DVD's and the sound is totally distorted and only through two speakers and the sub. I put in a Creative sound card and got the same problem. However, USB speakers work perfectly fine. Anyone any idea on CODECS anyother thing I have not thought of? There is no problem with any of the speakers or the wire as far as I know. I have reinstalled the Realtek driver as well numerous times... Thanks

howard64 08:54 25 Mar 2009

did you uninstall the old driver before reinstalling it? I would suggest you uninstall the audio driver then reboot and put the asus mobo cd in and reinstall from that.

Bob The Blob 10:06 25 Mar 2009

Uninstall all sound drivers - reboot - and then download and install the latest drivers from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?