SOUND PROBLEMS!!!

biglad44 13:28 18 Mar 2007

Hi All,

HELP!!!!!

My PC is a - HP Pavilion t760.uk Desktop PC & I have just re-installed Windows XP Home Edition, the problem I've got is when I've come to play a CD through Windows Media Player 10 I keep getting an error message.

My audio device is a - Realtek ALC880(D) @ Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller.

Can anyone help me in trying to find out how to update/re-install the necessary driver for the above.

Many thanks,

skidzy 13:47 18 Mar 2007

First look in Device Manager Windows key + Pause/Hardware do you see any yellow exclaimation marks ?

If yellow exclaimation marks beside Sound and video controllers,uninstall and reboot.Xp should find the hardware and install the drivers.

Or if you have the motherboard drivers and utilities disc,run that.

Or try the codec pack,possibly missing or damaged audio codecs click here

skidzy 13:50 18 Mar 2007
  biglad44 09:51 19 Mar 2007

skidzy,

Thanks for your reply but I'm lost - I should have mentioned when I posted this problem I am a complete PC half wit!!!

So could you please advise me what to do in simple terms!!!

Thanks again.

skidzy 15:47 19 Mar 2007

Ok,firstly press your windows key and pausebreak key together then select hardware then Device manager.

Now look for any yellow exclaimation marks.If any exist against sound and video controllers,right click these and uninstall.Reboot the pc,xp should reinstall the drivers and all being well your sound should be ok.

If you have a disc that may have come with the pc called drivers and utilities,this will have the sound drivers on it,run this and install the audio driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?