Sound problem

JohnLennon66 10:32 24 Dec 2003

I used the Windows Update thing the other day and installed the C Media driver that it said i should install. However, now i there is no sound through the speakers, but when i plug the lead into the headphone socket, there is sound. Does anybody know how i can fix this?

Stuartli 11:38 24 Dec 2003

Probably been muted in your Mixer panel or a program such as Windows Media Player in error.

By the way most WindowsUpdate drivers are not always up to date - best to check on C-Media's website for the latest drivers.

I use to use the C-Media 8738 onboard sound chipset until I was given a SoundBlaster - the latter is only slightly superior overall....:-)

JohnLennon66 12:56 24 Dec 2003

I tried the driver off the C Media webiste but there's still no sound through the line out socket. I don't think Media Player is on mute because the sound still comes out of the headphone, just not the speakers. And its not a problem with the speakers because when i plug them into the headphone socket, i can hear music, just that its not as good quality as the speaker socket.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?