Sound only coming out of one speaker

lin_ 19:29 24 Jan 2004

Why have I only got sound out of one speaker?

AubreyS 19:31 24 Jan 2004

Have you checked the balance between the speakers?

johnnyrocker 19:32 24 Jan 2004

os?sound card? speaker set up?

johnny.

bremner 19:36 24 Jan 2004

lin_

With the same problem I spent ages loading and reloading drivers, checking connections at the speakers only to find I did not have the sound lead that goes into the back of the computer pushed completely in - worth a check

martjc 19:36 24 Jan 2004

you've got a bad connection, poor jackplug, knackered speaker. You really should post some info about your problem - not just a question - how else can people help you? information is all!!! Name your OS, card, connection type. Is the plug in properly? Which speaker is working, left or right? These things are all pertinent to your problem.

lin_ 19:58 24 Jan 2004

Sorry. I've go Windows 98SE. How do I find out what the sound card is? left side speaker not working, they are new speakers so should be nothing wrong with them. I bought new ones thinking the old ones were not working properly with only coming out one speaker. Have checked plugs and they ok.

This points to the sound card, then. Have you got some headphones to check?

lin_ 20:07 24 Jan 2004

Just tried headphones, nothing

josie mayhem 20:22 24 Jan 2004

sorry to but in, but I've had this problem tonight with my speakers, thought it might have been a dogy cd, so I've just check my conecter and bingo you guessed it, resloved my problem before I really knew I had one.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?