sound lost on laptop

darthballs 17:10 19 Apr 2009

ive got no sound on a IMB x22 laptop, in device manage for sound controllers, there is an exclamation mark inyellow by where it says multimedia audio controller. (its not connected up to internet btw)

ive had a quick search but unsure where to get the correct drivers from, the motherboard is IBM 266295G

any ideas/help???
thanks

rawprawn 17:14 19 Apr 2009

Right click on it in Device Manager and uninstall driver, then reboot

woodchip 17:16 19 Apr 2009

drivers need loading for sound

darthballs 17:28 19 Apr 2009

strange, i uninstalled, rebooted. it found the hardware, but says there was a problem installing the hardware, error occurred during the installation, and the data is invalid

????

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:59 19 Apr 2009

sound drivers corrupt,

search on google for drivers for that board download onto a pen drive then swap to the laptop and point windows to the pendrive.

darthballs 18:31 19 Apr 2009

i managed to find it, put it onto laptop with my pendrive, but when i went to install it it came up asking if i wanted to continue as it was already there, i said yes anyway, but i've still got no sound

darthballs 23:19 19 Apr 2009

strange, i uninstalled, rebooted. it found the hardware, but says there was a problem installing the hardware, error occurred during the installation, and the data is invalid

has anyone got a clue to this? i wanted this mostly to put music on, and i'v got no bloomin' sound!!!

thanks loasdsssss!

rawprawn 08:21 20 Apr 2009

Have you done as Fruit Bat /\0/\ suggested?

darthballs 09:04 20 Apr 2009

yep, i tried what fruitbat suggested, and it did as i put above in my last 2 comments, i can get it online now though!!

ronalddonald 09:38 20 Apr 2009

this is look in the sky walker here....

Now did your computer come with a a drivers disc, run and see if the darn sound is there or Master Yoda be after you yes

darthballs 09:41 20 Apr 2009

i've got no disc, and the kiddy that gave me the laptop can't find it!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?