Sound issues on ASUS N71

Czuken 11:12 21 Mar 2010

I've bought a brand new ASUS N71 notebook and from the very beginning it has a sound issue, namely, whenever I'm listening to music, I hear some crackling noise from time to time (sometimes more, sometimes less frequent). Doesn't matter if I turn the SRS Sound Premium on or off. No other device near the laptop seems to cause the problem, since I tried taking the laptop to a neutral environment without any other devices nearby, the problem persists (so it's not the wireless mouse). I tried uninstalling the drivers and installing the latest version, no change. It doesn't matter if I'm using headphones, external speakers or built-in speakers, the crackling is still there. I thought that maybe the bitrate of my mp3 files was the problem, but no, it's the same with VBR, constant bitrate, FLAC, you name it.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit if it's any help. Any ideas how to solve this?

Czuken 16:29 21 Mar 2010

I've decided not to give up, searched the Windows 7 forums a bit (W7 users seem to have that problem a lot, no matter what notebook they use), tried a few solutions and one of them actually worked! Seems that there are many possible reasons and in my case - I had to set the sound quality to the highest possible level in the audio settings (24 bits, 192000 Hz, Studio Quality). On all other settings the crackling is heard. It's a very unexpected solution...you can close this thread, hope this helps other people, who experience that problem.

john bunyan 17:13 21 Mar 2010

Thanks for the advice, so many post without responding!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017