Sound Issues

Cam123 15:35 21 Dec 2005

When i play certain games , e.g The Movies and Brothers in Arms earned in blood i get a fuzzy sound quality.However , on other applications i get really clear sound and on other games , like Quake IV. Why is this. MY audo is contorlled by an Nvidia nforce driver

citadel 16:34 21 Dec 2005

I have a creative audigy 2 zs and it gives excellent sound in all games, you get all the special sound affects with these cards. I have noticed the improvement over onboard sound.

Gongoozler 16:51 21 Dec 2005

If your sound chip is integrated into the motherboard, this rarely gives good quality sound.

ade.h 17:00 21 Dec 2005

I don't think that you should point the finger at integrated sound chipsets in general. I have a Realtek chip in my desktop PC which is perfectly acceptable by PC standards. There may be something wrong with your chip or its driver to be affeced b only some applications/games.

Cam123 17:03 21 Dec 2005

i do have a soundcard but im not sure if my computer recognises it.When i had to boot up my computer again it lost all the information adn i didnt have an install disk for it.I was told to install the nforce driver by mesh technicians.

Gongoozler 08:03 22 Dec 2005

If you go to Device Manager (right click on "My Computer - Select "Properties" - Select the "Hardware" tab - Click on "Device Manager"), then click on the + next to "Sound, video and game controllers, you should see your sond card in the list. Right click on that and select "Properties". Click on the "Driver" tab, and you will see what driver is installed. If there is a problem with the driver, there should be a warning exclamation mark alongside the card in the Device Manager list.

Cam123 22:32 23 Dec 2005

thanks , unfortunately i cant to do this as my computer has now crashed big time and i cant do anything atall on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?