Sound gone after windows re-install

Throbber 10:55 21 Dec 2008

Following hard disk failure and windows re-install on new disk, [XP Pro SP3] I can't get sound to work. Have been in device manager, and found yellow question marks at Multimedia Audio Controller, Multimedia controller and Video controller. Have tried re-installing/updating/rolling back drivers, but no joy. Under details I get PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_B0101462&REV_60_3&13C0B0C5&0&8D. Don't know if this means anything.
When I start iTunes, it gives me error message "iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly." Windows media player also produces no sound. Any ideas?

MAJ 11:17 21 Dec 2008

Download the audio drivers from your sound card's manufacturer's site, or if it's onboard sound, check out the motherboard manufacturer's site for the audio drivers. Use SIW click here to identify your motherboard if you don't know it already. Or you could check the computer manufacturer's site for the drivers.

Throbber 13:01 21 Dec 2008

Sorted - Many thanks, MAJ. Your solution did the trick, and I have sound again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?