sound file to text

wildrover 17:14 06 Sep 2004

There was a discussion about this a long time ago but I can't find it now. Anyway, does anyone know of any software that will convert a sound file to text. I'm looking for something that will speed up transcription. At the moment I play the sound file into earphones and speak into a mike to convert to text - but its oh-so-slow. So what i am looking for is software to convert wav or mp3 or whatever into text.

Dan the Confused 20:02 06 Sep 2004

This sort of thing? click here

wildrover 09:46 07 Sep 2004

The part of the programme I need, is this the wizard: "the program's wizard enables you to convert your Windows Audio WAV files (speech recorded) offline".

I am asking a lot of the software because what I need to do is to convert wav files of different people's speech to text. This looks like the most promising option I have seen, so i will give it a try.

Thanks a lot Dan the (obviously not so) Confused!!!!

By the way, If anyone knows of any other, similar programmes, please let me know!

Confab 12:08 07 Sep 2004

try this
click here

wildrover 12:52 07 Sep 2004

Confab thanks - I've looked at that but don't think it does what I want. I can convert speeh to text OK with the software I've got. I want to convert digital sound files to text. I can't see that your click here can do that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?