sound driver

anderson1967 13:48 10 Sep 2006

We had a few problems with my laptop and ended up repairing and reinstalling the operating system and now we dont have any sound i was hoping someone in the forum could help point me in the direction of a sound driver.My laptop is HP Pavilion zd8369ea

ed-0 14:02 10 Sep 2006

All the drivers for the zd8369ea on XP, are click here

Is the driver not on the disk supplied with the computer?

anderson1967 14:10 10 Sep 2006

Hi there
Ive been there and i downloaded the sonic encoders which is the only multimedia driver there did i pick the wrong one as this did not work.and i dont see any other sound drivers there.And also i dont have the original cd that came with the computer just the operating system cd windows xp professional.

ed-0 14:17 10 Sep 2006

Then try the detection device. click here

If I remember correctley, it should scan your system and recommend what updates you need.

ed-0 14:27 10 Sep 2006

Or try these audio files from a HP laptop click here.

anderson1967 14:40 10 Sep 2006

hi i did try the detection device but its not very clear with what i am to to as it does not come up with any updates i need.I dont see how it would find an update of anything when i dont have a sound driver installed as this is the reason i dont have any sound i need a sound driver not an update if you know what i mean.Also i clicked on the other link and set to download it and it said that it failed. Thanks for all the suggestions so far mate if you have anymore please let me know.

ed-0 14:47 10 Sep 2006

Sorry, it should have been the HP health scan click here and not the detection tool. We already know what model it is.

I'll try and upload those drivers again.

ed-0 14:54 10 Sep 2006

The link worked alright for me, strange.

try this audio,click here. it's a direct link.

anderson1967 15:03 10 Sep 2006

Hi there
I ran the test and below is the result.

Test Failed. No device driver is present. (Audio diagnostic (Multimedia Audio Controller))

anderson1967 15:09 10 Sep 2006

I tried your direct link again and this is what i got windows cannot find \swsetup\audio\setup.exe
and it would not download. not having much luck are we.

ed-0 16:27 10 Sep 2006

OK.

Do you want to try it from a different angle.

Downlaod SIW and see if it tells you what audio chipset the laptop has. click here

I'll have quick shufftie on the HP pages, see if I can find anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone