Sound completely disappeared (nearly)

danpep5552 17:19 16 Jun 2007

Seemingly out of the blue my sound has very nearly disappeared, I can hear at a very low level and nothing is coming out of the speakers except back right. Everything is turned up to maximum. It was working yesterday goodbye today. I have run some diagnostic checks but all say devices working OK. I have a Cambridge Soundworks desktop theatre DTT2200, it seems to be plugged in the brick is hot, and as far as I can see it is plugged in at the back of the computer. Any ideas please thanks in anticipation

Gongoozler 17:30 16 Jun 2007

danpep5552, the first thing to try is unplugging the audio cable from both ends and then plug it back again. It's quite common for the connector to be accidentally partly pulled out, or for the contacts to oxidise.

ambra4 17:35 16 Jun 2007

You said as far you can SEE move the the pc and unplug the sound cable plug it back in and check for sound

danpep5552 21:07 16 Jun 2007

I have fiddled about and found the front speakers not working, having pulled the cable from the sub woofer box, all speakers started working except the front ones. I have found the Audio 97 prog config box with lots of goodies to test and cannot make the system recoginise the front speakers. In speaker config the front speaker click box is not available, rear and sub woofer are. In connector sensing the front speakers show "out" the rears show "in". Thanks for the response

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?