Sound Card "Which one!"??

Uboat 12:08 25 Feb 2011

Hiya guys! ive never replaced my sound card so i am a virgin in this field, i need a decent PCI one any ideas please.?

Cheers

UB

Graphicool1 15:44 25 Feb 2011

What is your OS and Spec.

What would be your requirements for the card ie...

Surfing the Net

Playing Games

Watching Movies

Intensive Graphic Editing

3D

AlanHo 16:02 25 Feb 2011

Unless you have a very old computer - you may well find that the sound module built into your motherboard is adequate and don't need a dedicated sound card.

Uboat 00:20 26 Feb 2011

Thanks guys!

My pc is a Dell XPS720H2C, its two years old & im having a issue with the sockets for my headset! ive tried mulitple ones and its the same, thanks so much!
UB

Uboat 00:20 26 Feb 2011

btw IM using Windows 7 (64 Bit) & im a gamer!

There's only 2 major players in the Sound Card market - Creative and Asus.

If you're only buying one to replace the headphone sockets then a basic one such as click here or click here should suffice.

If you're after top end audio quality then consider something like this - click here or click here

In fact I believe the Xtreme Gamer card is better than the Xtreme Audio card click here

AlanHo 04:51 26 Feb 2011

I just took a look at the specification of your computer - even by todays standards it is awesome. One review I read suggests that the case is full because of the large water cooling system and that there may not be enough space to fit extra cards.

The sound card fitted as standard is high end and very powerful - you would perhaps be better off concentrating on finding out why the headphone sockets are not functioning - it may be something very simple or perhaps a driver problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?