Sound Card and TV Card occupying the same PCI Bus

Unlucky Bob 09:24 07 Oct 2009

Hi there,

Can any one help me? I recently decided to add a TV card to my computer. The motherboard is an MSI P965 Neo 2 with 5 PCI slots. 1 PCIE x16, 1 PCIE x4, 1 PCIE x1, and 2 PCI slots. Because of my ginormous graphics card using the PCIE 1 slot it overhangs the PCIE 2 and 3 slots leaving only the two PCI connectors free. I decided to try a PCI TV Card. One of the two PCI connectors is taken up with my creative sound card, so I thought I would be ok with the other one free.

Not so it would seem. When I added the card I lost all sound. In checking the device manager, it looks like they're both trying to occupy PCI Bus 4 (not sure exactly what that means though). I can only get one to work at a time and having a TV card with no sound is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot!

Can any one suggest any ideas on how to fix this, or will I have to go without TV on my 'puter!!!

Thanks..

Stuartli 14:00 07 Oct 2009

See:

click here

I would try Disabling PnP in the Bios - that's the configuration I've used with my MSI mobo for the past four or five years and I've never had a problem with all of my PCI slots being taken up (including a Twinhan Freeview PCI TV card).

Unlucky Bob 23:00 07 Oct 2009

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it in the morning and let you know if it worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?