Sound Card Help, Please

Tigertops 17:39 16 May 2007

I have just installed a Trust 5.1 sound card in my newly built PC. Audio CDs played via the Audio Rack software are fine but I have a problem with DVDs using WIN DVD from the CD that came with the card

The system recognises the DVD title but when I try to play it I get an WIN DVD exe Application Error message.
This reads"The instruction at Ox7c809783 referenced memory @ 0x00b055e4. The memory could not be "written".
Click OK to terminate the programme."

I am baffled. Pretty certain it is all internally OK on the PC but somewhere I have offended a Windows god! (Maybe this should have been posted in the Beginners forum as that is how I feel right now--and I am a beginner regards building a PC.)

Can anyone suggest an answer whilst I go and bathe my overheated brain with a cold Gin and have a quiet weep on the sofa?

The Brigadier 18:16 16 May 2007

I had a problem with Win DVD when running Windows XP seems that their are issues with it.
Try using another software application like Windows Media Player.

Or you could try to Re-install the Win DVD software?

Tigertops 10:04 17 May 2007

Thanks, Brigadier,

Post a good night's sleep I will take your advice and reinstall and /or try Windows Media. I do vaguely seem to remember others having a problem with XP and WIN DVD.

Tigertops 11:05 17 May 2007

OK, Got it working now after uninstalling WIN DVD albeit it seems a bit fragile and temperamental. I will leave it at that for now. Many thanks, Brigadier

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?