sound card help

smcjlc 13:56 22 Jul 2003

i've just fitted a gamesurround muse 5.1 sound card and downloaded drivers from there site but i can't get any sound i have onbourd sound how do i disable this and get the sound working again can anybody give me a hand thanks

Aol Hater 13:58 22 Jul 2003

disable the sound card in the bios, hit delete when rebooting and look for adavanced bios features and look for sound devices and change it to disable

smcjlc 14:12 22 Jul 2003

thanks aol hater will this enable my sound card

Aol Hater 16:21 22 Jul 2003

this will only disable your onboard sound device to enable your sound card you must instal it and make sure your speakers are connected to the new sound card

smcjlc 19:50 22 Jul 2003

can you please explain how to do this i've never been in bios before and would be gratefull for help

Aol Hater 08:53 23 Jul 2003

hit delete when you restart you computer to go into the bios, then look in advanced bios features
it may be under "Integrated Peripherals", look in there for (Most likely) "AC97 Audio Device", set it to disabled. Remember when you exit the BIOS, use the "Exit and save settings" option.

hope this helps, if not check your manual

Stuartli 09:15 23 Jul 2003

It could also be listed under Chipset Features, depends on which BIOS producer is involved; use the + or - key to enable or disable onboard sound and, as Aol Hater points out, don't forget to Exit and Save the settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie