Sound card drivers not saving

User-2A1A8EED-B1B2-454F-8F199443AE648272 15:14 30 Sep 2006

Me again ,my son's HP pc with Xp home.Just had to reload Win Xp loaded all the drivers and everything worked,then I switched computer off ,on switching back on the sound had gone,reloaded the drivers,everything worked,but again on reboot no sound again.I keep getting yellow exl marks on audio devices,then reload drivers so I've disabled onboard sound and am using the latest drivers.Everything works till I reboot,switching users is ok.Tried putting files in Windows,using the sound card set up,using add harware and reinstall drivers.But they still disapear on reboot.

ArrGee 15:24 30 Sep 2006

Could be a number of things.

Run this first and see what errors are picked up:
click here

Reg3 15:27 30 Sep 2006

Re ArrGees post. The user reviews for that program don't fill me with confidence.

ArrGee 15:30 30 Sep 2006

Slightly off tangent, but could you post me some negative reviews? I haven't had a single problem with it, but would like to know more.

Have you tried yourself?

Used System Works found no errors apart from missing drivers on reboot.No probs once drivers loaded

ArrGee 15:35 30 Sep 2006

What AV are you using?

Use McAfee dosn't hog room like Norton only put Systemworks on to check comp.

Reg3 15:41 30 Sep 2006

Negative reviews click here
and look at bottom of page.

ArrGee 15:49 30 Sep 2006

How odd. Been using PCs, building them and helping others out for over a decade, and never had a problem to that degree. Oh well.

ArrGee 15:49 30 Sep 2006

Are there any other conflicts in your device manager?

Only the Yellow exclimation marks on Audio devices which go when I reload the drivers.Had two on both audio devives till I disabled the on board sound in bios

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?