Sound card

podlod 17:14 28 Feb 2008

Hi, from time to time I play a game which sometimes involves a character talking from the game, but now I am somewhat into the game I find the characters speech breaks up and seems to stutter, do you think I need an upgrade on my soundcard, and if so how do I update my soundcard and is it free or do I have to pay? thank you for any help.

rossgolf 17:18 28 Feb 2008

have you got an onboard sound (ie on the motherboard) or do yuou have a pci slot with a sound card on?>

skidzy 17:20 28 Feb 2008

Though the problem maybe from the game itself it maybe worth trying the codec pack click here just download and run.

is your sound ok when playing cd's etc ?

podlod 10:21 29 Feb 2008

Hi, I have sound card on motherboard but not sure on how to upgrade?
I will try this Codec pack and see what happens???? even though I am not sure what it does, but would still like to know how to get to grips with this sound card upgrade??

^wave^ 10:23 29 Feb 2008

what is your system spec and what game

podlod 19:03 02 Mar 2008

Hi wave, sorry I have answered you on the wrong post, please look at my other post called back up?

podlod 07:54 05 Mar 2008

Hi, I have tried the Codec pack but I do not quite understand what it all means as I am still very green
at certain aspects of the PC?

podlod 07:54 05 Mar 2008

Hi, I have tried the Codec pack but I do not quite understand what it all means as I am still very green
at certain aspects of the PC?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?