Sound Card

RyanMJ 19:25 13 Oct 2007

Hey, my computer sound doesn't work I have bought a new soundcard and that doesn't work either. I don't want to pay out £70 to get this fixed in pc world. My speakers do work. What can I do to fix my sound?

ambra4 19:32 13 Oct 2007

Have you try updating the driver on the motherboard and check that it is not muted

For the new sound card to work you have to disable the sound card on the motherboard first via the bios

100andthirty 19:54 13 Oct 2007

I'll ask you to check the "ble*din' obvious".

assume you're plugged into the right socket and that socket is set for the arrangement of your speakers ( ie if you have 2.1 you not set to 5.1)

Diversion 20:52 13 Oct 2007

I've just installed one; I sorted mine out using the trouble shooting guide.

But the drivers didn't install like it said in the instruction guide, I had download the latest drivers from the website clicked on the file which turned out to be a zip file took note of where it unzipped to.

Then I had to go into Hardware,
Device Manager and locate the sound card under "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" right click on the sound card update driver.

The box that comes up Click on "no, not this time"

Click on Next,

Then pick the bottom selection Advanced, click on Next.

Then Browse to the location where the file unzipped to, and when you hit the correct folder the OK button will highlight and become active the just click on it.

Diversion 21:15 13 Oct 2007

I forgot to add that when you’ve followed the above procedure, you have to go into Control Panel again open “Sounds and audio devices”. Click on the audio tab and on “sound playback” and “sound recording” choose the sound card you have just installed.

Then click on Voice tab and choose your sound card in both of those items.

And finally on the Hardware tab and choose your sound card from the list and click on Apply, you may have to restart your computer before it will activate.

RyanMJ 18:46 14 Oct 2007

Thanks Diversion, my sounds working now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?