Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB

Bob Bob™ 20:28 07 May 2008

Im having problems with this Im sick of it.

I constantly run into trouble with this software where the 5.1 surround sound doesn't work.
Windows says that its running on 5.1 but the drop down menu on the Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB software goes blank and none of the options work. It seems to think Im running a two speaker setup.

When I go to the bottom right of the screen to the softwares icon is there is a menu where I can select things like Graphic EQ, EAX settings and Surround Mixer and things like that. Even if the above problem isnt there I can hardly ever access these windows and get an error saying "The audio device supported by this app is not detected. This app will exit"

The only way to fix it is by restarting, and that doesnt work 100% of the time, not even 50%. Most of the time I need a full reinstall of the Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB software package.

Im running a Dell 9100 with Win XP Media Center.
Sigma Tell Audio CODEC
Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB

I believe this Dell runs an odd kinda of sound setup compared to other computers.

I basically want to know how can I get an alternative to this software or is there any way to just fix it?

Thanks very much
Rob

Technotiger 20:36 07 May 2008

Hi, I don't have a Dell, but is this of any use to you ... click here

Bob Bob™ 21:06 07 May 2008

Thanks for the link however I cant seem to find anything concerning my particular problem.

Thanks
Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?