sound

kirriejim 21:09 10 Mar 2003

hi ive just installed dmxxfire 1024i dont have any sound checked the obvious + when i click on my sequencer (logic platinum)a message says
pcav nodriver selected (10201)
can you advise thanks jc

Giggle n' Bits 21:54 10 Mar 2003

Which windows operating system are you using. Win95,98/98Se,Me or XP ?

Ok, you say you have just installed dmxxfire 1024i etc.

What make and model is your soundcard ?

kirriejim 22:17 10 Mar 2003

hi diamondx soundcard is dmx-xfire1024
make terratec
my o/s is xp

Giggle n' Bits 00:18 12 Mar 2003

within the Control panel. Can you tick to show volume icon on task bar (near clock).

If you look in Device manager is there any yellow exclamation marks against Sound/Audio in the list?

You could try going to the Microsft Windows update site and see if it picks up your sound card and gives you a driver to install ?.

Do you have a www site for Terratic site.

Please mail my yellow envelope if you can find the www site, save me a little time searching.

will do some research for you, back later wednesday with some more detailed help.

Giggle n' Bits 00:25 12 Mar 2003

Did you actually fit this Sound card yourself inside the case ?.

Was there any onboard audio before you started ?.

If you have fitted the sound card, check that the bottome of the PCI card you fitted has the gold pins on the bottom edge covered in the PCI slot.

I have seen people not press the PCI Cards in firm enough into the slot/s. Dont' be too worried if you go inside to press it in firmply to check. Just do not bend the card and firm push though gentle.

Also if the CDROM or DVD etc drive has a rear audio cable comming out of a drive it may need connecting to the pins on the soundcard itself.

If all above is checked and still not got a result, please advise we will all help you here.

private mail welcome, jsut incase I am unable to find your post or forget.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?