SOS guys

the kopite 10:29 22 Apr 2004

I have just fitted a asrock k7s8x ver 3.1 in my mates computer and it started as soon as I switched the main power on then it will not shut down by the reset switch I have to use the psu switch I am not familiar with these boards come to that I am not familiar with any board but I realy need your help on this one guys thanks

Gongoozler 10:39 22 Apr 2004

Hi kopite. Try resetting the BIOS. First try using the reset link. If that doesn't work, remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes. What can also be confusing is that the BIOS default is often set for the power switch to be held in for 4 seconds to switch off.

recap 10:54 22 Apr 2004

Check the connections for the power on the motherboard. Look through the manual to see which small pin on the connection needs to be which slot.

keith-236785 10:56 22 Apr 2004

if you have no luck with Gongoozler's ideas.

it might be that you have put the case connectors on wrong and have shorted out the switch.

take a good close look at the manual and the connections, they can be a real pig to get right.

if it is also a new case, then it might be a faulty switch. try gently tapping with your nuckle around the power/reset switch area (and no, i dont mean punch it lol....much as it might be annoying you it will not help)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?