sorry if this sounds stupid

aboutit 14:30 23 Jul 2009

I am getting a vodaphone dongle for use when I`m out of the house. If I am in a building with computers will my laptop try to connect to the other computers wirelessly or will it automatically connect to vodaphone.The reason is I once had my laptop at the hospital and it tried to connect to the hospital computer system

tullie 15:02 23 Jul 2009

As far as i am aware it will connect to the mobile phone system,cant see how it can connect to anything else,i stand to be corrected though.The laptop maybe would have tried to connect to a wireless system but thats because your laptop has a wireless card.

Strawballs 22:30 23 Jul 2009

The Vodafone Dongle will only connect to the Vodafone network like a mobile phone won't connect to a wireless network just make sure your onboard wireless is switched off if you are concerned about it.

breakaleg 12:05 26 Jul 2009

I have A vodafone dongle,
If you have wireless built into your laptop and wireless is enabled, it should automaticly look for networks, if there is a free network (like mcdonalds, weatherspoons etc) it may pay you to log into them, if not, when you plug your dongle into your usb,the first time you use it, it will load the software it needs (it will do this if you use another usb slot, the next time you plug in)

afterwards, just double click the connect to vodafone network, it works very well in most places, and the credit, dosen't expire after 30 days.
Pete

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?