Sony Walkman NW-A806

daeburndave 17:13 05 Jul 2007

Hi there;
Having just read the review on Sony's new Walkman in PC Advisor I invested in the 4gb version the NW-A806. What a brilliant piece of kit! but Oh Dear the Software packaged with it, SonicStage/Connect Music Store is I believe bugged.
Has anyone out there experienced the same problems that I have in trying to download music? Briefly, whenever I try, the programme hangs/freezes and the download stutters and stops for 5 to 10 minutes at a time until maybe an hour or so later it finally completes: I have a high-end PC with XP SP2, an excellent Broadband connection and F-Secure Antivirus/Firewall etc with all settings set to Normal. I have experienced these same problems during the day, early evening and late at night over a weekly period. I would be pleased to learn if I,m not alone with this situation.

gillyh 21:32 26 Jul 2007

Just read your message, as I was ploughing thru trying to find an ansa to my problem with Sonicstage. It's been an absolute nightmare, and Sony don't seem to accept that there is a problem. My PC froze for 6 hours last night after trying to download music. I have e-mailed Sony, but still waiting for response. Has anyone found an answer yet?

daeburndave 21:11 27 Jul 2007

Hi gillyh
Welcome to the Sonicstage club! I am still getting the same problems with this software during music downloading, hanging/freezing etc: I received a very off-handed E-mail from Sony suggesting my Firewall was the problem and that it should be turned off! Yes right I dont think so! Without a doubt they have either a server or a software problem: regretfully they wont be getting anymore money from me until theyve sorted it out: I'll send them another E-mail with your info if thats OK with you. By the way what Firewall do you have on your PC? It might be relevant.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?