Sony Vaio Vgn-n21e Drivers

jorbish 23:18 05 Feb 2007

Hi i just baught the above laptop and it works fine i just dont like all of the useless software that is taking up space on it! i tried reinstalling vista on it and when i did so i insaled the drivers on the c drive only to find that the memory stick duo icon didnt appear! there was an icon there but the sort of icon that appears when you dont have the correct software to open a file. the card slot did work though but the icon didnt. i have now pressed f10 and rerstored the pc to the factory settings with all of this usless stuff that i dont want again. i know this may seem like not much of a problem to alot of you but things like that just bother me.

So to conclude - I want my pc completley blank to install only the sofware i want and i want only the drivers with no factory software.

any help on how to acheive this would be most appreciated

thanks

skidzy 23:31 05 Feb 2007

If you only want the os on the system,you will need to format the drive and install the os.

Then add your own software.

jorbish 23:35 05 Feb 2007

hi yes i know that and ive done it but i was wondering if there is a way of getting the drivers back onto the pc properly afterwards?

jorbish 23:35 05 Feb 2007

hi yes i know that and ive done it but i was wondering if there is a way of getting the drivers back onto the pc properly afterwards?

jorbish 23:37 05 Feb 2007

thanks for the reply though ^^

skidzy 23:39 05 Feb 2007

If loading vista,you may find some devices and software are not yet compatible with Vista.
There is a compatibility tool for devices/software regarding Vista.click here

This in Beta and may not be totally reliable.

Totally-braindead 23:42 05 Feb 2007

Only suggestion I have is try the Sony website and see if there are drivers you can download to fix this problem click here I couldn't check as you need to register it.

jorbish 23:50 05 Feb 2007

Hi thanks tis was is the link i still dont see anything click here

jorbish 00:41 06 Feb 2007

do the discs created in the vaio recovery utillity alow you to chose the applications that you want to install on your computer?

jorbish 14:05 06 Feb 2007

Anyone?

Kate B 14:43 06 Feb 2007

Why didn't you just uninstall the software you didn't want through the control panel?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?