Sony VAIO laptop stuck on VAIO loading screen

david795 01:01 03 Dec 2014

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio E14. Model No. SVE14A3C5E It runs Windows 8.1. I can't get past the VAIO loading screen when starting up but can get to the Assist mode when starting up. I have turned it off and on many times.

Anyone know what I need to do?

xania 11:00 03 Dec 2014

I don't know your laptop or Windows 8 but from experience I would say your probably have a corrupt driver. Have you tried booting in Safe Mode? I understand this is not as easy as it used to be but see i.e. click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:20 03 Dec 2014

Make sure there are no usb devices connected and no dvds or cds in the drive.

Disconnect from mains and remove battery

press and hold the power button for 30 seconds

refit mains lead and try and reboot.

david795 20:48 03 Dec 2014

@fruitbat/\0/\

That didn't work but I did have USB devices connected a CD in the drive.

Last thing I remember doing was reinstalling the Bluetooth driver may that be a problem. Then it didn't boot up after I shut it down.

david795 20:50 03 Dec 2014

@xania I know the procedure to get into safe mode but it won't actually start up once I select safe mode. It just goes to the VAIO screen.

I have had problems with my Bluetooth driver recently and have had to reinstall it a few times.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:01 03 Dec 2014

remove and refit the hard drive and retry.

david795 21:18 03 Dec 2014

Actually I only initially trying with Safe Mode + Networks. Just tried with Safe Mode only and it worked. It went through Scanning and Repairing drive (C). Then eventually loaded but it just looks like normal load

xania 10:04 04 Dec 2014

SO it looks like you are now OK? If so can you please close the matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?