SONY VAIO LAPTOP FAN A LOW SCREECHING NOISE

BIFFA1 18:32 03 Mar 2009

Hi all had my vaio VGN FZ21E for round about a year now, avent really used it that often until i got internet up an running anyway its started a slight screeching noise coming from the fan at the side also it gets really really warm it got warm right at the begining too so i didnt think owt of it but now with the noise am slightly worried plus reading some reviews on fans. Should i be seeking a repair?? or does anyone have any advice?? plus its started taking round about 3 mins to shutdown, sometimes longer not sure if this is connected in anyway.......

any advice would be great Thank you

rawprawn 20:21 03 Mar 2009

If it's under a year old it will still be under guarantee, but anyway it is worth having a word with the people you bought it from.
I sounds like a fan has got clogged or something like that. Unless you know what you are doing I think it best to seek advice.
1. the air vent for the fan gets clogged with dust.
2. broken fan
3. when we keep it on the carpet or bed which reduces the flow of air to cool the laptop.

sometimes the fan are nosiy in couple of models. if yours is under warranty contact the tech support first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?