Sony vaio help

Bike-it 22:49 11 Jun 2013

I have a sony vaio laptop vpcej in white, but this past few days the trackerpad and the left button beside the trackerpad has started to fade in color, is there any way to disguise this or will the whole thing need replaced,

northumbria61 15:59 12 Jun 2013

Suggest you contact Sony Support via email which can be found in this link - I contacted them this way only yesterday about a problem with my surround sound system and had a reply within a few hours. [Sony Support]

northumbria61 16:00 12 Jun 2013

Appears link didn't work - will do it again enter link description here

Sebire 16:06 17 Jun 2013

I've been working with an America and a Russian on AvS building new BIOS's for VAIO's. We got the microcode working so we can now update the hardware without it going to the blue screen. I'm not doing it again as I got a 350V electric shock doing it. But if their is a new BIOS available I'd get that. Their may even be new drivers available for your specific device, or their may be a generic driver for your series, so check out all of their drivers. If your after the latest drivers though, don't bother with the Sony Uk, America or Europe. Sony always post their newest drivers to SONY Japan, and half of the time they don't even bother to list them on their other sites. If you are going to get your track pad done, hopefully it's under warranty, or Sony will charge you around £70 just to pick it up. The trackpads can be brought or salvaged from broken systems on eBay for much less. Hope this helps Kind regards Richard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?